22 Sep Finish Strong!
Finishing is apart of starting. Many people start the year with great plans and goals for their lives, careers, education, finances and physical fitness. We are often great starters but few are great finishers. In order to finish something one must possess an inner resolve to see a goal or a project through till completion. It takes fortitude, tenacity, persistence and a determination to avoid distractions along the way.
Spiritually speaking, finishing is apart of the Christian life. The Bible has much to say about finishing what you start. Consider the following passages:
- Matthew 24:13 “But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”
- John 4:34 “Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.”
- 2 Corinthians 8:11 but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have.
- 2 Timothy 4:7 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
- Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
- Hebrews: 12: 1-2 “Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.”
As we prepare to cross over into a New Year allow me to encourage you in these final hours of 2012 to “Finish Strong” this year!