18 Nov Frame Every Failure With Success
I just returned from a women’s conference where I was challenged by these words, “Frame every failure with success.” As I sat there and pondered over my life I could certainly list many times in my life where I had failed. What I suddenly realized was that for every failure I could remember, there was a corresponding link to success. What makes success sweet is the bitterness of failure.
The question remained how do I frame failure with success? I’ve been pondering this question for the past three days and this what I have surmised:
1) Keep Moving – Don’t allow your failure to paralyze you.
2) Stay Focused – Don’t allow your failure to derail you.
3) Glean the Lessons – Learn from your past mistakes and allow them to inform you.
4) Remain Optimistic – Don’t allow your past mistakes to define you.
5) Pass on the Wisdom – Share lessons, wisdom and insight to those coming behind you.
I’m sure there is more that I will discover as I move through life and consider this thought. The frame that we choose to place around a painting will often determine the beauty of the painting. Even a cheap picture can be ungraded to a beautiful piece of art when it’s placed in the right frame.
“Failure is not final….. It depends on how you frame it!”