11 Dec Improve Your Health Through Life Coaching
Coaching is a profession that is designed to meet the needs of people who want to improve their life satisfaction in several life categories such as: family, career, emotional, physical, spiritual, financial, and relationships. When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, it is more than what you eat and how you exercise. How well you sleep, how well you handle stress and your emotional wellbeing impacts the quality of your health.
Assessment: Assess your need for a life coach by answering the following questions:
- Have you received good health tips and advice that you find difficult follow?
- Has your doctor recommended a lifestyle that you find to be unattainable?
- Have you set weight loss goals and found that you cannot achieve it alone?
- Do you feel that your life is out of balance?
- Do you make statements like my plate is too full to exercise or eat healthy?
If you have answered yes to two or more of these questions, you could benefit greatly from a coaching relationship.
The Impact of Coaching on Good Health:
Coaches are knowledgeable advisors who provide ongoing support, and guidance as you set goals and make sustainable changes that improve health and happiness. Health Coaches, specifically partner with you and together you can explore concerns that are specific to your body and discover the health habits, exercise routines and tools that you need for a lifetime of good health. Coaches listen carefully and help you navigate the world of nutrition, physical fitness, health and wellness by:
- Assisting you in identifying barriers to wellness and lifestyle management.
- Helping you discover the changes that are necessary for the improvement of your health.
- Recognizing and shifting behaviors and self-defeating beliefs that hinder success and readiness for change.
- Guiding you in the development of an individual growth and health plan.
- Helping you discover tools & practices of self-care that are consistent with your personality and passions.
- Assisting you in setting and achieving SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) Goals.
- Providing support, encouragement and accountability for achieving your goals.
- While it is important to follow the advice of physicians and health professional, life coaches can help us develop preventative measures and strategies for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Find a good life coach and improve your health!
Dr. Toni G. Alvarado